Finite element methods have become ever more important to engineers as tools for design and optimization, now even for solving non-linear technological problems.
However, several aspects must be considered for finite-element simulations which are specific for non-linear problems: These problems require the knowledge and the understanding of theoretical foundations and their finite-element discretization as well as algorithms for solving the non-linear equations. This book provides the reader with the required knowledge covering the complete field of finite element analyses in solid mechanics.
It is written for advanced students in engineering fields but serves also as an introduction into non-linear simulation for the practising engineer.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 560 pages, 21 Tables, black and white; 165 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 560 p. 165 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 27/08/2008
- Category: Numerical analysis
- ISBN: 9783540710004
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £61.89