The Cold War and the 1984 Olympic Games : A Soviet-American Surrogate War Hardback
The Soviet boycott of the 1984 Olympic Games is explained as the result of a complex series of events and policies that culminated in a strategic decision to not participate in Los Angeles.
Using IR framework, D'Agati developes and argues for the concept of surrogate wars as an alternative means for conflict between states.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 197 pages, XXI, 197 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/06/2013
- Category: Political science & theory
- ISBN: 9781137330611
- Paperback / softback from £57.45