Programming Games with Visual Basic : An Intermediate Step by Step Tutorial Paperback / softback
Paperback / softback
PROGRAMMING GAMES WITH VISUAL BASIC is a second semester self-paced "intermediate" computer game programming tutorial consisting of 10 chapters explaining (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build Visual Basic Games. The games built are non-violent and teach logical thinking skills. To grasp the concepts, you should possess a working knowledge of Windows and have had some exposure to Visual Basic programming (or some other programming language). We offer a beginning programming tutorial (VISUAL BASIC FOR KIDS and BEGINNING VISUAL BASIC) that would help you gain this needed programming exposure. â€‹
PROGRAMMING GAMES WITH VISUAL BASIC explains (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build a Visual Basic game project. Game skills learned include handling multiple players, scoring, graphics, animation, and sounds. The game projects built include, in increasing complexity:
• Safecracker - Decipher a secret combination using clues from the computer.
• Tic Tac Toe – The classic game!
• Match Game – Find matching pairs of hidden photos – use your own photos!
• Pizza Delivery – A business simulation where you manage a small pizza shop for a night.
• Moon Landing – Land a module on the surface of the moon.
• Leap Frog – A fun arcade game where you get a frog through traffic and across a raging river.
The book includes over 700 pages of self-study notes, all Visual Basic source code and all needed graphics and sound files.
The course requires the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System and a minimum of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community or Professional Edition. The Visual Basic source code solutions and all needed multimedia files are included in the compressed download file available from the Publisher's website (KidwareSoftware.com) after book registration.
Out of stock
- Format:Paperback / softback
- Pages:762 pages, Illustrations, color
- Publisher:Kidware Software
- Publication Date:03/07/2017