HCI Beyond the GUI : Design for Haptic, Speech, Olfactory, and Other Nontraditional Interfaces Paperback / softback
Part of the Interactive Technologies series
As technology expands and evolves, one-dimensional, graphical user interface (GUI) design becomes increasingly limiting and simplistic.
Designers must meet the challenge of developing new and creative interfaces that adapt to meet human needs and technological trends.
HCI Beyond the GUI provides designers with this know how by exploring new ways to reach users that involve all of the human senses.
Dr. Kortum gathers contributions from leading human factors designers to present a single reference for professionals, researchers, and students.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 480 pages, Approx. 150 illustrations; Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Elsevier Science & Technology
- Publication Date: 25/04/2008
- Category: Operating systems
- ISBN: 9780123740175