British Rifleman : 1797-1815 Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Christa Hook
Part of the Warrior S. series
The rifle corps of the British Army during the Napoleonic Wars are among the most recognizable of all the soldiers of that era.
Their distinctive dark green uniforms are as familiar as some of their exploits which have achieved considerable fame through the large number of memoirs written by members of the rifle corps as well as in modern fiction, most notably the Sharpe series.
Apart from their reputation as a corps d'elite, the riflemen were, in their time, at the very cutting edge of military technology and tactical theory.
This volume uses first-hand accounts and evidence to give a "soldier's eye view" of the British rifleman, his life and work.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 61 b&w and 10 colour illustrations, chronology, glossary, bibliography, index
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 17/04/2002
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781841761770