Fractures of the Tibial Pilon Paperback / softback
Fractures of the tibial pilon (plafond) represent some of the most invalidating articular lesions.
This volume describes the anatomic and radiological classification of these fractures and discusses contemporary treatments.
For tibial pilon fractures in adults, the authors illustrate the distinction between closed lesions and lesions involving soft tissue exposure and trauma, and describe the different options.
Tibial fractures in childhood are also discussed, especially regarding the possibility of subsequent deformity.
The volume will help readers understand the rationale for the various therapeutic choices as well as the modalities of executing these techniques.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 140 pages, 10 Tables, black and white; 98 Illustrations, black and white; VI, 140 p. 98 illus.
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- Publication Date: 01/04/2004
- Category: Orthopaedics & fractures
- ISBN: 9788847002487