Hegel's Discovery of the Philosophy of Spirit : Autonomy, Alienation, and the Ethical Life: the Jena Lectures 1802-1806 Hardback
by Pini Ifergan
Part of the Renewing Philosophy series
This exploration of Hegel's critique of the individualistic ethos of modernity and the genesis of his alternative vision traces the conceptual schemes Hegel experimented with to show how he settled on the concepts of 'ethical life' (Sittlichkeit) and Spirit as the means for overcoming subjectivity and domination.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 253 pages, X, 253 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/08/2014
- Category: Western philosophy: c 1600 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137302120
- Paperback / softback from £49.85