US Poetry in the Age of Empire, 1979-2012 Hardback
Part of the Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics series
Examining poetry by Robert Pinsky, Adrienne Rich, and Amiri Baraka, among others, this book shows that leading US poets since 1979 have performed the role of public intellectual through their poetic rhetoric.
Gwiazda's argument aims to revitalize the role of poetry and its social value within an era of global politics.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 195 pages, VIII, 195 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/11/2014
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137470850
- Paperback / softback from £47.85