Indigenous Youth in Brazilian Amazonia : Changing Lived Worlds Hardback
How do Amazonian native young people perceive, question, and negotiate the new kinds of social and cultural situations in which they find themselves?
Virtanen looks at how current power relations constituted by ethnic recognition, new social contacts, and cooperation with different institutions have shaped the current native youth in Amazonia.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 221 pages, XV, 221 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/11/2012
- Category: Indigenous peoples
- ISBN: 9781137265340
- Paperback / softback from £19.19