The Hundred Years' War Paperback / softback
Part of the Essential Histories series
The Hundred Years' War did not exist until historians created it.
None the less, there can be no doubt the military conflict between France and England dominated European history in the 14th and 15th centuries.
This war is of considerable interest both because of its duration and the number of theatres in which it was fought.
In this book, Dr Anne Curry reveals how the war can reveal much about the changing nature of warfare: the rise of infantry and the demise of the knight; the impact of increased use of gunpowder; and the effect on the people around the war, generation after generation.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 40 b&w and 40 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 13/11/2002
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781841762692
- Paperback / softback from £24.35
- Hardback from £55.75