Gender, Labour, War and Empire : Essays on Modern Britain Hardback
A lively collection of essays on the cultures of nineteenth and twentieth-century Britain.
Topics range from prostitution and slavery to the effect of war on fashion magazine reporting to inter-racial marriage in the postwar years.
Particular areas of focus include the Second World War, its legacies and the reactions to postwar decolonization.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 282 pages, XIII, 282 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 11/12/2008
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230521193
- Paperback / softback from £64.09