Chinese Gardens Paperback / softback
by Qingxi Lou
Part of the Introductions to Chinese Culture series
China is renowned for its enchanting, tranquil gardens, designed to reflect both the charm of nature and the ancient Chinese view of life.
Chinese Gardens explores the creation of classical gardens through history, discussing the theories and artistic conception behind these gardens and the development of diverse regional styles.
Lou Qingxi provides a comprehensive introduction to the distinctive combination of nature, philosophy and art that is unique to Chinese gardens, complemented with full color illustrations throughout.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, 160 Halftones, color
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 25/08/2011
- Category: Gardens (descriptions, history etc)
- ISBN: 9780521186612