This lively, lucid book undertakes a detailed and provocative study of Shakespeare's fascination with clowns, fools, and fooling.
Through close reading of plays over the whole course of Shakespeare's theatrical career, Bell highlights the fun, wit, insights, and mysteries of some of Shakespeare's most vibrant and often vexing figures.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 186 pages, XI, 186 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/09/2011
- Category: Shakespeare studies & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230115118
- Paperback / softback from £22.15
- PDF from £21.25