Chinese Labour in South Africa, 1902-10 : Race, Violence, and Global Spectacle Hardback
by R. Bright
Part of the Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series series
This book explores the decision of the British Empire to import Chinese labour to southern Africa despite the already tense racial situation in the region.
It enables a clearer understanding of racial and political developments in southern Africa during the reconstruction period and places localised issues within a wider historiography.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 276 pages, X, 276 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/11/2013
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230303775
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.95