The Coroners of Northern Britain c. 1300-1700 Hardback
by R. Houston
For the last 800 years coroners have been important in England's legal and political landscape, best known as investigators of sudden, suspicious, or unexplained death.
Against the background of the coroner's role in historic England, this book explains how sudden death was investigated by magistrates in Scotland.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 123 pages, X, 123 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/03/2014
- Category: Early modern history: c 1450/1500 to c 1700
- ISBN: 9781137381064
- Paperback / softback from £37.39