British children were mobilised for total war in 1914-18.
It dominated their school experience and they enjoyed it as a source of entertainment.
Their support was believed to be vital for Britain's present and future but their participation was motivated by a desire to remain connected to their absent fathers and brothers.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 189 pages, X, 189 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/01/2014
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230221758
- PDF from £45.04
- Paperback / softback from £40.79