This superb reference book profiles Philco, the leading radio manufacturer during radio's "Golden Age." In addition to illustrating many of Philco's radio receivers, it provides background on the company.
Specifications for each model are given. The text is divided into a year-by-year look at Philco's radio line from 1928, when the company began to make radios, to 1942, when World War II put a halt to radio production.
This newly revised edition is an invaluable source for the radio collector.
Anyone who remembers radio's "Golden Age" will enjoy taking a nostalgic trip through its pages.
The photographs and specifications will prove a valuable aid in identifying a particular Philco model.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 828 photos & drawings
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 31/01/2006
- Category: Antiques & collectables: scientific & musical instruments
- ISBN: 9780764323300