Making China Strong : The Role of Nationalism in Chinese Thinking on Democracy and Human Rights Paperback / softback
Part of the Politics and Development of Contemporary China series
Robert Weatherley argues that Chinese perceptions of democracy and human rights have been heavily influenced by the pressing issue of how to make China strong in the face of a perceived threat posed by foreign imperialism, be it military imperialism during the previous two centuries and cultural imperialism in more recent decades.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 216 pages, IX, 216 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/01/2014
- Category: Development studies
- ISBN: 9781349329748
- Hardback from £69.55
- PDF from £50.99