Romeo and Juliet Paperback / softback
Edited by R. White
Part of the New Casebooks series
As one of the world's greatest love stories Romeo and Juliet continues to excite new theatre-goers, readers and film-goers. Its depiction of tragic lovers strikes a chord in each generation of young people, and seems to speak in their own idiom. As such, it reflects, and allows us to analyse, changing attitudes to sex in a violent world. This collection of contemporary essays raises topical debates about the nature of love conventions, as well as offering new insights into Shakespeare's text.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 225 pages, XI, 225 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/06/2001
- Category: Shakespeare studies & criticism
- ISBN: 9780333747810