Truth Without Predication : The Role of Placing in the Existential There-Sentence Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Pragmatics, Language and Cognition series
This book contains an original analysis of the existential there-sentence from a philosophical-linguistic perspective.
At its core is the claim that there-sentences' form is distinct from that of ordinary subject-predicate sentences, and that this fundamental difference explains the construction's unusual grammatical and discourse properties.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 169 pages, VIII, 169 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/02/2015
- Category: Grammar, syntax
- ISBN: 9781137483287
- Paperback / softback from £40.79