Narcissism and the Self : Dynamics of Self-Preservation in Social Interaction, Personality Structure, Subjective Experience, and Psychopathology Hardback
The book examines how coevolved intraspecific aggression and appeasement gestures can give rise to complex social, cultural, and psychopathological phenomena.
It argues that the individual's need regulate narcissistic supplies and maintain feelings of safety is the overriding determinant of human conduct and thought in mental health and illness.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 408 pages, XIV, 408 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/02/2015
- Category: Psychoanalytical theory (Freudian psychology)
- ISBN: 9781137491473
- Paperback / softback from £56.15