Bureaucrats and Bourgeois Society : Office Politics and Individual Credit in France 1789-1848 Hardback
Part of the War, Culture and Society, 1750-1850 series
Between 1789 and 1848, clerks modified their occupational practices, responding to political scrutiny and state-administration reforms.
Ralph Kingston examines the lives and influence of bureaucrats inside and outside the office as they helped define nineteenth-century bourgeois social capital, ideals of emulation, honour, and masculinity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 237 pages, X, 237 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/10/2012
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230304314
- Paperback / softback from £53.79