Castration Story from the Tebtunis Temple Library Paperback / softback
by Rana Serida
This volume presents the first edition of a hitherto unattested narrative from the Tebtunis temple library (1st-2nd century AD).
The story seems to have formed part of the so-called Inaros Cycle; it is set in the reign of king Necho I (672-664 BC), who is mainly known for his rebellion against the Assyrians, and also mentions general Anosis.
The text makes repeated mention of the castration of an individual, who is made into a eunuch.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 122 pages, 15 colour illus
- Publisher: Museum Tusculanum Press
- Publication Date: 01/05/2016
- Category: Archaeology by period / region
- ISBN: 9788763544320