Culture and Society : 1780-1950 Paperback / softback
Acknowledged as a masterpiece of materialist criticism, this book delves into the complex ways economic reality shapes the imagination.
Surveying two hundred years of history and English literature - from George Eliot to George Orwell - Williams provides insights into the social and economic forces that have shaped British culture and society.
Provocative and revolutionary in its day, this work overturned conventional thinking about the development of a common British mentality.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 496 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 03/08/2017
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9781784870812
- Paperback / softback from £18.09