Novel Minds : Philosophers and Romance Readers, 1680-1740 Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
Eighteenth-century philosophy owes much to the early novel.
Using the figure of the romance reader this book tells a new story of eighteenth-century reading.
The impressionable mind and mutable identity of the romance reader haunt eighteenth-century definitions of the self, and the seductions of fiction insist on making an appearance in philosophy.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 223 pages, VIII, 223 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230369375
- Paperback / softback from £46.65