Meschac Gaba : Museum of Contemporary African Art Paperback / softback
Edited by Rein Wolfs, Macha Roesink, Bianca Visser
Beninese artist Meschac Gaba (born 1961) explores the intersection of African culture and the western conception of the museum through his installations and performances.
In 1997, he began presenting "independent rooms" from his invented, nomadic Museum of Contemporary African Art.
A comment on the lack of comparable institutions in his native Africa, the Museum reached completion in 2002.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 200 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Buchhandlung Walther Konig GmbH & Co. KG. Abt. Ver
- Publication Date: 05/03/2010
- Category: Art & design styles: from c 1960
- ISBN: 9783865607508