From the first idea to the opening day, the project is followed step by step through a long picture-report. Phrases by Renzo Piano serve as comments for the pictures and guide the reader though this journey. The main text, that can be found at the end of the book, is the testimony of Renzo Piano himself, recorded for this special occasion. Moreover, some sketches have been made especially for this book. The choice not to use any caption for the pictures, but to leave Renzo Piano's voice as a guide for the reader, has the aim to transmit the sense of gradual discovery that is experienced when entering the museum. Our objective is to create a collection of "unique" books, that allow the reader to share with us at every stage of the project, this extraordinary adventure that is "building".
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 150 mono & colour photos & illustrations
- Publisher: Fondazione Renzo Piano
- Publication Date: 01/09/2011
- Category: Individual architects & architectural firms
- ISBN: 9788862640008