Introduction to Information Visualization Paperback / softback
Information Visualization is a relatively young field that is acquiring more and more concensus in both academic and industrial environments. 'Information Visualization' explores the use of computer-supported interactive graphical representations to explain data and amplify cognition.
It provides a means to comunicate ideas or facts about the data, to validate hypotheses, and facilitates the discovery of new facts via exploration. This book introduces the concepts and methods of Information Visualization in an easy-to-understand way, illustrating how to pictorially represent structured and unstructured data, making it easier to comprehend and interpret.
Riccardo Mazza focuses on the human aspects of the process of visualization rather than the algorithmic or graphic design aspects.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 139 pages, 1 Tables, color; 3 Tables, black and white; 81 Illustrations, color; 12 Illustrations, bl
- Publisher: Springer London Ltd
- Publication Date: 10/03/2009
- Category: Information visualization
- ISBN: 9781848002180
- PDF from £42.49