Don't Buy Your Retirement Home Without Me! : Avoid the Traps and Get the Best Deal When Buying a Home in a Retirement Community Paperback
Invaluable advice for making a sensible purchase on a retirement home
Like most retirees, you've worked hard your whole life and now you're looking forward to starting a new chapter of your life in a retirement home community. However, purchasing a retirement home can be a daunting experience and the cost of making a bad decision can impact your entire family. That's where this helpful book comes in. Retirement-savvy author Richard Andrews offers straightforward advice on making wise financial and lifestyle decisions that could change your life for the better.
Covering everything from what to expect from your lawyer and accountant to negotiating with retirement home community operators, this guide dives into the basics of purchasing a home in a retirement home village, and adapting to your new lifestyle.
- Walks you through complicated retirement village contracts and what they mean
- Offers useful tips for choosing a retirement village that suits your needs
- Includes suggestions for selling your current home, downsizing your possessions and adjusting to a new life
- Looks at the perks of living in a retirement village community: great company, security, and homes that are designed for easy living
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publication Date: 02/04/2012
- ISBN: 9780730377702