Walcheren 1944 : Storming Hitler's island fortress Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Graham Turner
Part of the Campaign series
Although the Alllies captured Antwerp in September 1944, the port itself could not be opened due to the continued German presence on the island of Walcheren, which guarded the port entrance.
In November, the Allies launched an assault on the island, using a number of Commando units.
Supported by warships and assault vehicles, the Allies fought their way ashore and engaged in deadly streets battles with the Germans.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 35 b/w; 38 col
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 09/06/2011
- Category: Second World War
- ISBN: 9781849082372