Varieties of Tone : Frege, Dummett and the Shades of Meaning Hardback
In clear and lively prose that avoids jargon, the author carefully and systematically examines the many kinds of subtly nuanced words or word-pairs of everyday discourse such as 'and'-'but', 'before'-'ere', 'Chinese'-'Chink', and 'sweat'-'perspiration', that have proven resistant to truth-conditional explanations of meaning.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 258 pages, XV, 258 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/11/2013
- Category: Philosophy of language
- ISBN: 9781137263537
- Paperback / softback from £49.85