The witch is an indelible part of our cultural imagination, but what do we really know about her?
Is she a hapless victim of history or symbol of female resistance?
What's really the difference between a wise elder and an old crone?
Witches and Witchcraft sifts through the rich and contradictory evidence to trace the development of the witch as a cultural phenomenon.
Ultimately, the changing face of the witch is a mirror of our constantly changing ideas of spirituality, magic, creativity, gender, and the human relationship with the natural world.
The witch's story is far from over.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 25 black and white illustrations
- Publisher: Orange Avenue Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/10/2016
- Category: Magic, spells & alchemy
- ISBN: 9781936976706