Medieval Art and Architecture in the Diocese of Glasgow Hardback
Part of the The British Archaeological Association Conference Transactions series
The 1997 conference of the British Archaeological Association was held in Glasgow and took the Cathedral there ars its main theme.
This volume includes many of the papers given at the conference.
Follwoing a general introduction on the building history of the cathedral, there are chapters covering the cult of St Kentigern, the major excavations of 1992-3, the design of the crypt, the choir and its timber ceiling.
Other chapters look at aspects of patronage, the wider architectural context of the cathedral, and at the Romaneque sculpture and manuscripts with the diocese.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 132 pages, 32 col and b/w pls, b/w figs
- Publisher: Maney Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/12/1998
- Category: Byzantine & Medieval art c 500 CE to c 1400
- ISBN: 9781902653020
- Paperback / softback from £32.55