Forms of Nationhood : Elizabethan Writing of England Paperback / softback
What have poems and maps, law books and plays, ecclesiastical polemics and narratives of overseas exploration to do with one another?
By most accounts, very little. They belong to different genres and have been appropriated by scholars in different disciplines.
But, as Richard Helgerson shows in this ambitious and wide-ranging study, all were part of an extraordinary sixteenth- and seventeenth-century enterprise: the project of making England.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 380 pages, 17 halftones
- Publisher: The University of Chicago Press
- Publication Date: 01/11/1994
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780226326344
- Hardback from £22.09