Reading Pop : Approaches to Textual Analysis in Popular Music Paperback / softback
Edited by Richard Middleton
Reading Pop collects together key essays on the interpretation of pop songs previously published in the journal Popular Music.
In sixteen varied studies by many of the best-known scholars, all the most influential approaches are represented.
A newly written introduction by leading pop academic Richard Middleton puts them into context and outlines the main debates.
A select bibliography of other writings on pop music analysis adds to the usefulnessof the book, which will become a central text in popular music studies.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 400 pages, 6 halftones, numerous music examples
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 08/06/2000
- Category: Theory of music & musicology
- ISBN: 9780198166115