Turning Wood with Richard Raffan Paperback / softback
The appeal of woodturning is simple: with only a few hand tools and a lathe, remarkable results can be quickly achieved, including beautiful bowls, boxes in the round, lamp bases, and furniture parts. And for over 20 years, woodturners have been turning to Richard Raffan for expert advice and inspiration.
Revised and updated to embrace the increase and improvement in turning tools and lathes now on the market, this updated and expanded edition of his 1985 classic covers everything from the lathe - how it works and how to choose the right model - to fixings, cutting tools, safety, measuring, centerwork, and more.
Raffan also includes a brand new chapter on crafting hollow vessels.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, full colour throughout, 85 drawings, 395 full colour photos
- Publisher: Taunton Press Inc
- Publication Date: 02/09/2008
- Category: DIY: carpentry & woodworking
- ISBN: 9781561589562