Alexander the Great Paperback / softback
Part of the Lancaster Pamphlets in Ancient History series
Alexander the Great by Richard Stoneman is an introduction to the career and impact of the great Macedonian conqueror and the main themes of his reign.
As well as tackling problems of interpretation, the author includes:an examination of the written and other sources and the problems of working with themdiscussion of archaeological and numismatic evidencean outline of the Macedonian backgroundinsight into Alexander's education and ideasexploration of Alexander's claim to divinityassessment of Alexander's short and long-term achievementsa study of his influence in antiquity.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, 11 Line drawings, black and white; 12 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 09/09/2004
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9780415319324
- EPUB from £3.49
- Paperback from £10.99
- Paperback / softback from £12.95
- PDF from £11.69
- Hardback from £22.95