Metaphor and the Historical Evolution of Conceptual Mapping Hardback
by Richard Trim
An investigation of the historical evolution of figurative language within the framework of cognitive linguistics.
It examines how and why metaphors evolve through the ages; discusses the role of culture; patterns of metaphor evolution; how many people use particular expressions.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 230 pages, XV, 230 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/09/2011
- Category: Language: history & general works
- ISBN: 9780230304826
- Paperback / softback from £50.59