The New Humor in the Progressive Era : Americanization and the Vaudeville Comedian Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History series
By tracing the effects of unprecedented immigration, the advent of the new woman, and the little-known vaudeville careers of performers like the Elinore Sisters, Buster Keaton, and the Marx Brothers, DesRochers examines the relation between comedic vaudeville acts and progressive reformers as they fought over the new definition of "Americanness."
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 187 pages, XXI, 187 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2014
- Category: Variety shows, music hall, cabaret
- ISBN: 9781137357427
- Paperback / softback from £45.85