This book discusses traditional Maori uses of native plants of the South Island of New Zealand and traditions around them.
The text describes the features and uses of each plant, listed alphabetically for quick reference.
These stories of native plants of the South Island describe how Maori and Europeans grew and processed the plants, and it uncovers some surprising uses of native plants.
Written by a journalist, the book is engaging, enlightening and user-friendly and is beautiful to browse and informative about native plants.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: Full colour illustrations
- Publisher: Huia Publishers
- Publication Date: 30/07/2018
- Category: Gardening with native plants
- ISBN: 9781775502951