Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey : New Essays Paperback / softback
Though Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey boasts a large and ever-expanding fan-base, there are few among even the most avid enthusiasts that fully understands the film's inheritance, complexities, and ironies.
The essays in this collection, commissioned from a wide variety of scholars, examine in detail various possible readings of the film, its historical context, and its status as a quintessential science-fiction genre piece.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 216 pages, 37 halftones
- Publisher: Oxford University Press Inc
- Publication Date: 01/05/2006
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780195174533