Parsing the Turing Test : Philosophical and Methodological Issues in the Quest for the Thinking Computer Paperback / softback
Edited by Robert Epstein, Gary Roberts, Grace Beber
An exhaustive work that represents a landmark exploration of both the philosophical and methodological issues surrounding the search for true artificial intelligence.
Distinguished psychologists, computer scientists, philosophers, and programmers from around the world debate weighty issues such as whether a self-conscious computer would create an internet `world mind'.
This hugely important volume explores nothing less than the future of the human race itself.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 517 pages, XXIII, 517 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 01/12/2008
- Category: Philosophy of language
- ISBN: 9781402096242