The Discourse of Human Rights in China : Historical and Ideological Perspectives Paperback / softback
Examines the contentious subject of human rights in China.
However, in contrast to the majority of the literature which focuses on alleged Chinese abuses of human rights, the author examines the emergence and evolution of a Chinese conception of rights, paying attention to the impact of Confucianism, Republicanism and Marxism on this conception.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 185 pages, IX, 185 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/01/1999
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781349410705
- Hardback from £97.19