With an illustrated, storyboard format for procedures, Phlebotomy: Worktext and Procedures Manual, 4th Edition describes all aspects of phlebotomy, with current coverage of equipment, safety procedures, arterial blood gases, point-of-care testing, and practical phlebotomy skills. Procedures cover core functions and are outlined with step-by-step instructions and new full-color photos. Clinical scenarios, practice tips, and new Avoid That Error features keep the focus on application and practice. Written by phlebotomy expert Robin Warekois, this practical worktext also includes competency checklists, a mock certification exam, a detachable bookmark that can serve as a tube guide, anda new video collection on the Evolve companion website.
- A detailed, storyboard format outlines common procedures, with steps accompanied by new full-color photos.
- Study and certification exam preparation questions in each chapter help you review and remember the material.
- A mock certification exam in the appendixmirrors the format of the actual phlebotomy certification exam, allowing you to review for the exam with 150 multiple-choice questions.
- Competency Checklistsat the end of the booksummarize the most critical and important steps in phlebotomy procedures.
- Clinical scenarios and tips encourage you apply your knowledge to real-life challenges in the workplace.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include a pre-test,animations, a new procedural video collection, interactive exercises, a mock certification exam, and an audio glossary.
- Ananatomy and physiology section offers illustrated, in-depth information on body systems.
- A perforated bookmark on the back cover serves as a quick, portable reminder of which stopper tops to use for various diagnostic tests.
- Flashbacks and Flashforwards provide a cross reference to related information in previous or upcoming chapters.
- NEW video collection on the Evolve companion website demonstrates how critical procedures are performed.
- NEWphotos have been added, in addition to new content on professionalism and HIPAA, equipment, and technology.
- NEW! Avoid That Error scenarios help you develop critical thinking skills and provide helpful tips on resolving problematic situations.