Analysis IV : Integration and Spectral Theory, Harmonic Analysis, the Garden of Modular Delights Paperback / softback
Part of the Universitext series
Analysis Volume IV introduces the reader to functional analysis (integration, Hilbert spaces, harmonic analysis in group theory) and to the methods of the theory of modular functions (theta and L series, elliptic functions, use of the Lie algebra of SL2).
As in volumes I to III, the inimitable style of the author is recognizable here too, not only because of his refusal to write in the compact style used nowadays in many textbooks.
The first part (Integration), a wise combination of mathematics said to be `modern' and `classical', is universally useful whereas the second part leads the reader towards a very active and specialized field of research, with possibly broad generalizations.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 527 pages, 4 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 527 p. 4 illus.
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 01/05/2015
- Category: Real analysis, real variables
- ISBN: 9783319169064
- PDF from £15.29