The Emperor's New Mind : Concerning Computers, Minds, and the Laws of Physics Paperback / softback
Part of the Oxford Landmark Science series
For many decades, the proponents of `artificial intelligence' have maintained that computers will soon be able to do everything that a human can do.
In his bestselling work of popular science, Sir Roger Penrose takes us on a fascinating tour through the basic principles of physics, cosmology, mathematics, and philosophy to show that human thinking can never be emulated by a machine. Oxford Landmark Science books are 'must-read' classics of modern science writing which have crystallized big ideas, and shaped the way we think.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 640 pages, 145 black and white illustrations
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 20/04/2016
- Category: Philosophy of mind
- ISBN: 9780198784920