Musical Gestures : Sound, Movement, and Meaning Paperback / softback
Edited by Rolf Inge Godoy, Marc Leman
We experience and understand the world, including music, through body movement-when we hear something, we are able to make sense of it by relating it to our body movements, or form an image in our minds of body movements.
Musical Gestures is a collection of essays that explore the relationship between sound and movement.
It takes an interdisciplinary approach to the fundamental issues of this subject, drawing on ideas, theories and methods from disciplines such as musicology, music perception, human movement science, cognitive psychology, and computer science.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages, 62 Line drawings, black and white; 44 Halftones, black and white; 3 Tables, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 18/12/2009
- Category: Theory of music & musicology
- ISBN: 9780415998871