The Pulsations of the Sun and the Stars Paperback / softback
Edited by Rozelot, Coralie Neiner
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics series
This volume of lecture notes brings together the knowledge on pulsations of the Sun and the stars, with a particular emphasis on recent observations and modelling, and on the influence of pulsations of other physical processes.
The book begins with an extensive introduction to helioseismology.
The solar cycle and gravity modes are discussed before the focus is widened from helioseismology to asteroseismology which is detailed in a series of specific chapters.
Based on courses given at a graduate school, these tutorial lecture notes will be of interest and useful to a rather broad audience of scientists and students.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 344 pages, 24 Illustrations, color; 127 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 344 p. 151 illus., 24 il
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 03/07/2011
- Category: Galaxies & stars
- ISBN: 9783642199271