Oak-Framed Buildings Mixed media product
Oak-framed buildings are beautiful, durable and environmentally friendly.
This is a practical book on the technique of timber-frame construction for carpenters, builders and aspiring self-builders, but it will also be a source of inspiration to anyone who appreciates beautiful buildings.
Full-colour photographs show projects by the author and others both complete and under construction, and structural details are clearly explained both in photographs and in three-dimensional drawings.
Substantial revisions bring the book fully up to date and in line with current building technology.
A brief history of timber framing: Starting off; Designing frames; Structural qualities of oak; Making frames; Raising frames; The building envelope; and Finishing details.
- Format: Mixed media product
- Pages: 192 pages, full colour throughout, includes 180 photographs, includes 90 illustrations
- Publisher: Guild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/11/2014
- Category: Building skills & trades
- ISBN: 9781861087263