A Great Civil War : A Military and Political History, 1861-1865 Hardback
"The crowning achievement of one of America's most distinguished military historians." -Lincoln Prize jury"Readers will find much to debate in this book-including... its affirmation that, because of emancipation, 'the Civil War calls for a rethinking of the attitude... that war is always futile, that its rewards never match its cost, that any conflict [must be] immediately decisive and virtually without loss of American lives.'" -Gary W.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 648 pages, 9 maps, 1 bibliog.
- Publisher: Indiana University Press
- Publication Date: 22/06/2000
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780253337382
- Paperback / softback from £16.95